JetBrains CLion 2022 Overview
Who wouldn’t like to code at the speed of thought while the IDE does all the mundane development tasks for them? But is that really possible for a tricky language like C++, what with its modern standards and heavily templated libraries? Why, yes, yes, it is! See it to believe it. Read and write code effectively with an editor that deeply understands C and C++. Have completion results filtered by type in Smart Completion. Use Breadcrumbs to track your location inside the hierarchy of scopes.
Features of JetBrains CLion
Below are some amazing features you can experience after installation of JetBrains CLion 2022 please keep in mind features may vary and totally depends if your system supports them.
- It’s surprisingly easy to start a new project in CLion, and files can be added to the project in one click. CLion works with CMake, Makefile, Gradle and compilation database project models.
- With an IDE that analyzes the context and understands your project, you can code faster than you think. Try smart completion, formatting and helpful views with code insight.
Navigation & Search
- Find your way through the code with instant navigation to a symbol, class or file. Inspect the calls or types hierarchy and easily search everywhere for nearly everything (including IDE settings).
Code generation & refactorings
- Save time on unnecessary typing while CLion generates code for you: from getters/setters to more complicated templates. Use refactorings to improve and clean up your code at the speed of thought.
On-the-fly code analysis
- Write beautiful and correct code with CLion. Static analysis (including DFA) for all supported languages highlights warnings and errors in the code immediately as you type and suggests quick-fixes.
- Select one of the default editor themes or customize them to match your personal preferences. Adopt the keyboard-centric approach and select a keymap you prefer the most, or create your own easily.
Built-in tools and integrations
- CLion is more than just an editor as it offers a powerful debugger and dynamic analysis tools to investigate and solve problems with ease, built-in Google Test, Boost.Test, Doctest and Catch for unit testing, many popular VCS supported out of the box and more.
Run and Debug
- Build, Run and Debug your application and unit tests in CLion.
- Get the ultimate debugging experience for investigating and solving problems in your code.
Remote and collaborative work
- For remote work, select between Full Remote Mode, WSL, or remote debugger setups. Level up your collaboration game and work on a CLion project with your colleagues in real time.
- Develop for microcontrollers in CLion and benefit from various on-chip debugging options, Peripheral View for ARM devices, FreeRTOS thread view and STM32CubeMX integration.
- Use Valgrind Memcheck and Google Sanitizers integration to detect memory errors, data races and undefined behaviour issues. Analyze the performance of your application with the CPU Profiler integration.
- CMake is a famous cross-platform build system, widely used for C and C++ projects. Benefit from the CLion’s smart CMake support with code generation, completion and automatic target updates.
- CLion supports the Google Test, Boost.Test, Doctest and Catch frameworks and provides a built-in test runner together with a powerful UI to investigate test results. It can even generate code for you as you write tests (for Google Test).
- With CLion keep your code documented with ease. Preview the Doxygen-styled docs in the Quick Documentation pop-up, use completion for commands and function parameters, and generate stubs for Doxygen comments.
VCS integration and local history
- CLion provides a unified interface for most popular VCS including Subversion, Git, GitHub, Mercurial, CVS, and Perforce. Meanwhile, local history will save you from unexpected accidents.
Terminal, Vim mode, Databases and others
- Access the command line through the built-in terminal, switch on Vim-emulation mode together with the Vim key bindings, or expand the IDE’s functionality with other various plugins.
System Requirements for JetBrains CLion 2022 to Download JetBrains
Before you install JetBrains CLion 2022 Free Download you need to know if your system meets recommended or minimum system requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7/8/8.1/10/11
- Memory (RAM): 4 GB of RAM required.
- Hard Disk Space: 601 MB. 766 MB. 749 MB. of free space required for full installation.
- Processor: Intel Pentium i3, Multi-core GHz or higher.
There are no reviews yet.